Monday, April 20, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook...April 20, 2009



FOR TODAY ... April 20, 2009

Outside my window... it is dusty...the sun is trying to come out from some grayish clouds ...(or maybe that's just dust clouds).

I am thinking... about the demo (small class) that I am giving tonight at my quilt guild. It is such fun to share with them.

I am thankful for... the blessing of health that I have. Even though my allergies have been bothering me a lot lately...I am still healthy..

From the learning rooms... learning how to say "no" to things that I really don't feel like I want to do...or that no longer hold an interest.

From the kitchen... this week's menu

Tonight: light dinner out on the way to quilt guild.
Tuesday: Chef's salad
Wednesday: Pork chops, potatoes au gratin, and corn
Thursday: Liver and Onions, some type of veggie, and rice
Friday: Dinner out at Scoop City!
Saturday: Stuffed Pepper Casserole (make an extra for Sunday's pot luck at church)

I am wearing... light lavender sweat suit and beige socks

I am creating... a new pair of socks

I am going... to learn how to applique this week. The challenge quilt I am working on has some applique. I've done a little before - but this is a new way that someone showed me and it is worth a try...especially with circles!

I am reading... 1st to Die by James Patterson. It is the first of a series. One of the things I tend to do is not read a series unless I have all the books! Finally got the first 7 - and now the 8th one will be out in a few weeks!

I am hoping... that spring will soon appear here. My friends in Massachusetts have lovely flowers blooming already and we still have nothing. It is amazing what a few hours north can have on when spring arrives.

I am hearing... the sounds of heavy machinery outside as they are tearing up the road and re-doing it. The noise is pretty loud and it shakes my building.

Around the house... the windows are closed because of all the dust the heavy machines are throwing around. I miss not having them open but don't want to have to redo my Spring Cleaning.

One of my favorite things... was this awesome banana bread with raspberries that I made this week. It is so good. (One of my quilting friends has been making it with blueberries and bringing it to guild)...well, I accidentally opened frozen raspberries instead of blueberries. So, I used them and it turned out so good.

A few plans for the rest of the week: set up my new bed; wash the living room window where a certain little cat has put a zillion nose prints; and clear off my desk.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

This is the banana-raspberry bread I made the other night just coming out of the oven. Was having dinner with friends...so my table was all dressed up...

You can read other Daybooks or participate here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Pat said...

Have fun with your demo tonight. What is the demo you are doing for them? Your banana raspberry bread sounds yummy.....I have some frozen blueberries...may have to try it. Do you just add the berries to the regular recipe or do you reduce (or eliminate) part of the liquid in the recipe when adding the berries?

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Janet said...

good luck with your class! That's a lovely picture :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home