Sunday, April 26, 2009

My Corner of the World...

Remember I went on a Knitting Retreat a few weeks back...Thought I'd share some photos with you -

Dianne figuring out what she wants to start knitting and Pat working with a ball winder to get a skein ready for knitting...

Let's see if I can remember - l to r - Pat knitting, Sue, Sue, and Maureen with spinning wheels and another gal (whose name I can't remember) knitting.


Our very own Massage Therapist - she was there just for all of us. Think most of us got a half hour massage - there might have been a couple who opted for the hour massage. Her rates were really good - and we even had a real massage room (It is part of the Inn).

Terri and I knitting away in the sun room.


More knitting going on - and I can't remember these gals names. But, check out the felted bag that is on the floor between them. It is gorgeous!


Sue and Maureen working away on their spinning wheels!


Talking and knitting on the great sun porch. L to R Terri, a mother and daughter team (whose names escape me) and Sylvia.


Sue and Jeannette getting dinner ready!!!!


Our Sunday group photo...several of the women came from the other side of the state...and we had a wonderful time getting to know each other. Our room had five beds and all of us from our particular knitting shop stayed in that room. Each group was sort of set up that way!

Before leaving we exchanged addresses...and made plans for next Spring!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger LINDA BYLSMA said...

Looks like such fun. Wish I had one to go to.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Pat said...

What a fun retreat...the place looks like it was very nice and well-suited to that. My neighborhood quilting group is planning to do a 3 night retreat to Lancaster, PA, in November, and I hope the house we end up renting will be even half as nice as the place where you stayed for your knitting weekend!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Barb said...

How fun for you!!!! Looks like you had an awesome time.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Minnesota Nice said...

So many creative women together - I'll bet the conversation was interesting too! That looks really fun.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Looks and sounds like are really good time. I keep seeing all these quilters who knit too and I think I'm going to have to somehow learn to knit, it intrigues me!!

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger gemma said...

What a great getaway and it looks like a fun group. Nice way to meet new people.

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful way to spend a weekend. The inn looks beautiful and peaceful. I'm glad to hear you had a good time.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Sounds like a great time! Hope you are doing well.
Blessings
~*~

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Love those girl's weekends! And a massage- ahhhhhhh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home