Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day...

At my house Earth Day is everyday...mainly because recycling, avoiding using extra water, using natural light, and doing other things that help our planet are habits now.

But, I am doing something special...am taking a class tonight on making a cathedral windows quilt. I will not be BUYING anything for this quilt - but, using up fabrics that I already own. This is my way of reducing the fabric in my home and turning that fabric into something beautiful!

Hope everyone has a great Earth Day!!!!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger Pat said...

I've also been trying to work with my stash and was disappointed that I had nothing with which to make the cottages for the swap I blogged about today. BUT......I really have been very good about not buying fabric lately.....and it is a good idea to consider this as being "green", too. I do use fabric bags now when going to the grocery store (unless I forget and leave them home, of course). Enjoy your class...cathedral windows is a fun pattern.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm trying to use up some of my yarn stash before buying new, which is hard to do with all the pretty yarn out there! Looking forward to seeing your quilt, have fun at class!

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger musingwoman said...

You motivate me to do better! I need to work harder at recycling.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Sheila said...

We were distressed that St. George did not have an official recycling program when we first moved here. I'm happy to report that we now have a program that is wildly successful. And living in the desert gives us lots of bright sunlight during the daytime and late into the evening. Happy Earth day.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger LINDA BYLSMA said...

I don't know about you, but I feel quite possessive about Earth Day. Our generation brought it about. I remember celebrating the first one, and have tried to live accordingly since. Yesterday I did some heavy shopping (clothes) and put all of my purchases in my jeans tote, unloaded them in the car and went in for more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home